Tonight was book club. Which is great, usually. I get out of the house, have conversations with grown ups, eat junk food and talk about books.
Tonight, attendance was a little low, so there was really only one central conversation instead of several splintered-off conversations as usual. Which would be fine, except for the following:
- Nobody else has ever read the Lord of the Rings.
- Half the people in the room have never SEEN Lord of the Rings.
- We spent at least half an hour discussing the differences between the several versions of "Pride and Prejudice." (which, come on, if we're going to talk about "girl" movies, can we at least be creative about it?)
- We then discussed Hugh Grant and Colin Firth at length.
- Nobody wanted to talk about The Hunger Games.
- Instead they wanted to talk about Nicholas Sparks novels.