Thursday, March 8, 2012

This > Research Paper

Things I Have Been Doing Today:
- Playing referee to an endless number of spats over Harry Potter Legos.
- Twitter
- Pinterest
- Answering approximately fifty emails from a church associate, all of them about the same (very, very simple) subject
- Cleaning up grapes
- Reading "Cinderella Ate My Daughter" (review to go up soon)
- Writing a review of "Cinderella Ate My Daughter"
- Google Reader-ing
- Cleaning my ears
- Clipping my fingernails
- This blog post

Things I Should Have Been Doing Today:
- 15 page research paper on Effective Evidenced Based Intervention Models Used With Children Ages 0-5, complete with 20+ sources and 20 minute PowerPoint presentation. Due Tuesday.

Win.

11 comments:

  1. Somehow I feel more guilty if my Twitter feed and Google reader list aren't up to date than I do if the dishes are dirty, and I have work to do...obvious, since I'm supposed to be working now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina FTW. Research paper avoidance is an art form!

    ReplyDelete
  3. teenagersareridiculousMarch 8, 2012 at 1:41 PM

    So...you're one of my juniors?

    http://www.teenagersareridiculous.com/2010/12/these-wil-be-fun-to-grade.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those things sound more important than a paper to me. Especially Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Win is right. Procrastination isn't a waste. It's important mental preparation with healthy doses of self-delusion added in. And you're doing an outstanding job of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I not know about your blog's existence until now?! You're a super funny girl :) and I think you spent your morning on the most important things...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I don't promote this one (I'm trying to prolong the day that my family finds it...) so don't feel too bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, thank you. I figure: If it's gonna get done, I might as well do it right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For Reals, right? Graduation, schmaduation, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, only worse because 1) I am an adult and should know better 2) I've been through college and should know better 3) I am paying for the opportunity to do this paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It totally is. And I like to excel at things. Not necessarily the "right" things... but... things.

    ReplyDelete