Friday, April 13, 2012

A meme which is not a meme

I've been tagged for the "Lucky7" meme by about.... *counts*... fifteen people. I keep dragging my feet on it, and today I am going to tell you why.

In order to comply with this meme, you are supposed to go to the 77th page of your WIP, count down to the seventh line and then copy and paste the next seven lines into a blog post.

Here's my problem.

Those lines? Are smack dab in the middle of a conversation. They make ZERO sense when taken out of context. Additionally, they include a good amount of Mormon-specific slang that no non-Mormon would understand, no matter how much they "get" our culture. Lastly, the "star" of that conversation is not my main character, so the tone and voice of this scene are different than the whole rest of the novel.

In short: Those seven lines are not good representations of my story, my characters or my skillz.

So, instead, I'm gonna tell you that my kid's birthday party is tomorrow, and I am rocking the socks off of this superhero theme.

And I am not going to tell you how far behind I am on a literature review due Tuesday for my Social Competency class. So there.

1 comment:

  1. What's funny is that I did that 77, 7 and 7 thing. And I had to open a ton of docs before I found one where it made sense.
    have fun with the party!

    ReplyDelete