Saturday, August 10, 2013

Looking for some experts...

Okay. You don't have to be an expert to help with this project, because there are very few experts when it comes to the topics I'm looking for. I've recently been asked to overhaul a website dedicated to providing writing resources for a community of writers. It's a small, niche community, and if I don't get help from you fine folks, well, it'll just take forever. 

I'm looking for folks to write a blog post (or series of posts, depending on how detailed you want to be) about the following topics: 

Defining Genres - Do you write fantasy? Or science fiction? Or science fantasy? What is upmarket fiction?

Defining Categories - What is this newfangled NA I keep hearing so much about and why is "middle grade" not enough?

Finding Story Ideas

Beating Writer's Block

Plotting vs. Pantsing

Plotting Tips

How to be an Effective Pantser

What's CP and a Beta and how do I find them?

Or if you have an idea that would be beneficial to brand, spanking-new  writers, let me know. What will you get in return for all this help? Well, I can offer you a LOT. See here: 

- Good karma. 
- A fair split of all advertising revenues*
- Credit for your work, links to your blog/website/whatever you like. 

*advertising revenues predicted to be zero. it's a community resource site. 

Leave a comment on this post, or email me at ginadenny129 at gmail dot com 

8 comments:

  1. LONG TIME LURKER HERE (sidenote: every time I write that a tiny part of me considers changing my name to Miss LT Lurker, not sure if that's normal but maybe leave that to the biographer to figure out)


    I'd love to help if I could? By which I mean I am CAPABLE of writing real words and everything and so it is really UP TO YOU whether or not I can help because I am ready and ummm, yes.


    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Thank you!!!

    So, this is the site I've been asked to revamp:
    http://wheremmwshang.blogspot.com/

    EVENTUALLY, I want it to be fully functioning. Right now, I feel like writing some posts on these topics and using the tabs at the top to organize it all will be a good place to start. Some of the info I need has already been written, and there's no reason to reinvent the wheel. But for some of these topics, there's no "authority" really writing about them. And if I need to rely on a "community" style response, it might as well be original content.

    So, here's the thing.

    If you're willing to write a post on the topic, I'll give you credit, link to you in whatever way you want and I'll promote the post once the site relaunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Well, I'm willing to write whatever you need! :) Aside, maybe, from a post on how to plot correctly because I am the biggest pantser there ever was... but yes. I will get on whatever you'd like most!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to help out as one of my goals is to start writing more about the writing process in an attempt to help others. The two things that stick out to me that I thought "I could write about that!" are Finding Story Ideas and Beating Writer's Block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright, well pick a topic! Somebody has already volunteered for "Finding Story Ideas" and "Beating Writer's Block" but everything else is still up for grabs. As soon as you get it to me, I'll get it posted. Email it (not as a word doc, please) to ginadenny129 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina, I would love to do either "Finding Story Ideas" or "beating writer's block", or both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet! Somebody has already volunteered to write an entire series on Finding Story Ideas, but if you want to do Beating Writer's Block, it's all yours. Just write it up, or if you want to do a series, get the first one started, and email it to me (not as a word doc, just paste it in the email) at ginadenny129 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somebody already volunteered for both of those. Is there anything else that strikes your fancy???

    ReplyDelete